6.06.2010

Pickles

Mom and I need to try to figure out how to make pickles on Monday. Ron has a "cutecomer" (cucumber) plant that is going crazy. I have a Bosch mixer with a slicer attachment that will do great slices, either thick or thin. I told Ron that he has to start picking the cucumbers when they are small enough to fit into the slicer :) I like sweet pickles and Ron likes sour, dill pickles- we might try both. Then I won't touch his pickles and he won't touch mine :)

He just picked these, there are more in the refrigerator and there are more on the plant.
Just a few pics. from the porch, the yard, and the garden.




When we added on the enclosed back porch, we also had them build the small shed in the back yard. Ron's above ground garden wraps around the back corners of the shed. I guess I could have just posted this last picture, without any explanation and let you think that we have corn that is taller than the house. (If you don't know that is the corner of the shed, you might think it is the corner of the house :)


No comments: