Post from Sam 💕💗💘
(They didn't do much for Valentines Day, but they did do a quick trip to Dallas for Audrey's birthday. We took care of the boys. Friday night at their house and then Saturday at our house.)
I was not prepared for my 11am meeting, so instead of our morning walk and a quiet, romantic Valentine’s breakfast together, I spent the morning glued to the computer screen while Audrey slipped a lovely breakfast of eggs and toast in front of me as I worked.
And that’s love. No complaint about not getting enough attention or doing things just right. No complaint about the fact that her Valentine’s card is still in my top drawer (I need to remember to get it out and give it to her when I get home). No expectation of a storybook ending, or even of a storybook beginning.
Our love may not be the fanciest. It doesn’t always come with celebrations on just the right day of the week or month, but we have it where it counts. One hundred and ten percent commitment. There is no corner of our life or soul that’s just for us, alone. We celebrate each other’s successes and hold each other through the losses. There isn’t a better friend, partner, or confidant in the world. We’ve walked through heaven and hell together, and I’d do it all just the same.
Love you past the moon!
No comments:
Post a Comment