Even though I was sick, one of the things I did after we got home from Colorado was to activate my Brown Baby Bird Etsy account. I had been working on it before out trip and I didn't want to activate it and then immediately leave for vacation. I had 60 listings entered there. It was time consuming to enter those and I spent some time adjusting those and making sure that I had the correct information there. One of the things that happened right away when I activated the account was that I received a message telling me that using the term "taggie" and "taggy" was a trademark violation. What a mess. I spent several days scrubbing my listings and my Facebook page of those terms. Then trying to adjust the "labels" used on Etsy. Taking those terms out hurt my chances of my products being found in the Etsy search engine. But there is nothing that I can do about that. The trademark is only good in the USA and not in Canada or Europe. Plus, I was dealing with "covid brain" trying to take care of that - lol 😖 It is yet to be determined if this Etsy thing was a good move for Brown Baby Bird. I am expecting a pretty severe drop in sales everywhere for gift items, because of the general economy and the inflation cost of essential items. Here are a couple of pics of pics.


No comments:
Post a Comment