I think I am finished with July posts. The first picture here is of the mattress that I purchased on Amazon's Prime Sale days. It is hard to tell the difference between the gray mattress and my gray bedspread. I am still debating whether I like it or not. I am not in love with it, and I figured if Ron didn't like it, I would get my money back and if he did like it, we would keep it. He doesn't have a strong opinion either. I like the way it looks. Our other mattress was probably 12 years old and had dents in it. I need to figure out how to get rid of it now 😉. Our other excitement for the month was when our air conditioner stopped working. That is a serious situation when it is over 100 degrees outside. Luckily, we only had one miserable night, where neither one of us slept very well and one hot Sunday, where we went to the Pete house a bit early for dinner. Later that evening I tried turning the air conditioner back on and it worked. I got a company to come and look at our system on Monday morning. And we actually spent some money that day for a couple of replacement parts on the outside unit. Another gentleman came on Tuesday morning. And another one on Wednesday evening. We are going to go ahead and replace the system. One description of the situation is like, "We are driving a car with 300,000 miles on it... it could quit at any time." Since the system is actually functioning, we don't have to be in an emergency replacement. I am waiting for one of the gentlemen to call me back with exactly what unit he could get soon, and an updated price. Today was one of those days where I didn't really have "a plan"... I did laundry, I put away the 4th of July decor, I finished up these blog posts, and I have some fun Brown Baby Bird ribbon blankets to start working on. (I can't call them "taggies" anymore.) I purchased a super cute brown dog from Ebba, to go with a dog fabric. And someone requested a Winnie the Pooh theme, so I picked up a couple of cute fabrics for that. We are going to have a record number of 100+ degree days this year. Ron and I hardly go outside at all. Good thing I have plenty of things to do inside. I will do another post soon with some finished blankets and my "sunflower decor". I also have lots of clothing alterations to do for Sam and Audrey.





No comments:
Post a Comment