2.12.2023

Sunday Afternoon

Almost every Sunday afternoon, I am working on something for Sunday evening dinner. We have dinner with the Petes and the Andersons. We take turns "hosting". Usually the "host" plans the meal, and they do the main course and then there are assignments for the side dishes and dessert. Today, Sam and Audrey are on a vacation to RIO. Sam's mom is staying with the boys. She arrived last week and will be here until a week from tomorrow. So... the Pete's are hosting dinner today and I am doing next Sunday. (Sam and Audrey will get home on Sunday afternoon and won't have time to plan dinner. Plus, we need to have a couple of birthday cakes next Sunday for the two birthdays that happen this week.) ๐Ÿ˜‰๐ŸฐSome Sunday afternoons, I am cooking, but today my dinner contributions were simple. I bought Nothing Bundt cake ... Bundtinis... Oreo cookie flavor. (That is my Valentine dessert contribution.) Also, Oreo cookie ice cream, two bags of salad, and a bag of chips. Almost every Sunday afternoon, I usually work on my blog. So here I am ๐Ÿ˜Š, glad to be caught up. Almost every Sunday afternoon, I look at the "Come Follow Me" lesson for the week. There is a lesson each week, this year from the New Testament. There is a personal study lesson and a "primary" lesson that Ron I need to teach each Sunday. Our lesson today was from John 2-4, with a theme of "Ye Must Be Born Again". Instead of focusing our lesson on Nicodemus, we focused on the Samaritan woman at the well. The main scripture was John 4:14, "But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." I gave the kids each a small bottle of water with that scripture on it and a cup of blue jello jiglers. We watched a great video that describes and explains the details of the story of the Samaritan women at the well. We had kind of a crazy class with 13 kids in a small room ๐Ÿ˜•The lesson for next week is from Matthew 11-12 and Luke 11. The sermon on the mount. Each week the kids get a new page to put in their "New Testament Book". 

Now that I have done all of those Sunday afternoon things, I might go take a quick nap- lol. Only occasionally do I need that. But lately I have been more tired than normal. I have been struggling with allergies for the past couple of months. Luckily "cedar pollen" season is almost over. Or if I decide that I don't need a nap... I have new ribbon (taggie) blankets to work on. I haven't done much with my Brown Baby Bird business since early November. 







No comments: