2.11.2023

To the Temple with Eli

On January 14th, us, Daniel, Hailey, Sam, Audrey and Eli went to the temple. It was Eli's first time to go. Ron managed to come up with names for baptisms for Eli and Hailey to do. When we were done we went to a Torchy's Tacos for dinner. 

Here is how Audrey described the new year... Eli's confirmation as a Deacon... and a chocolate cake accident 😕😔

"First day of the year! It was both awesome and awful. The best part was celebrating Eli’s commitment to and covenant of the Aaronic priesthood. He’s been preparing his whole life up to this point for today! The worst part was me making Eli cry with my snarky tongue after he accidentally dropped our creamy dreamy chocolate gateau on the Pete’s lawn. I’m thankful for daily repentance, because I NEED it. Whatever resolutions I set this year, I will inevitably fall short and need God’s grace. ps We will try the cake again next week. It was a 4+ hour labor of love and we worked on it together all afternoon because he wanted to try out a dessert from his new Harry Potter cookbook. So here’s to better luck next time!

For the record, Eli forgave me and we tried again (the cake) and it was delicious."






No comments: