5.28.2023

Thirty-Six

 Ashley turned 36 this year. (Man, that is hard to type... and to believe... she is the baby) πŸ˜πŸ˜• We had a little family dinner with cake. When we were trying to figure out food assignments for that Sunday dinner, I said that I wanted to bring a veggie lasagna, a regular lasagna, and a birthday cake. Everyone was wondering whose birthday it was. Ashley's comment was "I was about to ask whose birthday? It's that time already." 😜 These things are hard to keep track of- lol. I tried a new recipe for a raspberry, white chocolate poke cake. It turned out okay, but not great. The cake part was kind of dry and I had to leave it in the original cake pan because of "poking it and pouring over sauce and choc." I found the fancy gold plates at the Home Goods store and then had to figure out how to use them πŸ˜‰On Monday, we took the Pete family out for dinner to a restaurant called Aspen Creek. Then on Friday, after Ashley's birthday Audrey took the "girls" to the Cheesecake Factory. Here are a few pics. I also included some San Antonio Zoo pics in this post. That was another "outing" for the Petes when Daniel's parents were here.












No comments: