So... to make a long story short, our neighbors had new windows installed in their house last summer. I thought that they looked great. Ron was not very enthusiastic about them or spending the money for such things. But... he changed his mind and said, "yes". For a couple of days last week, there were men here cutting, burning, and breaking out the old windows. I have to admit that it was messier than what I expected. We have 14 new windows and a new front door. (Our old front door was in okay shape, but the trim around it was broken and the seal around it was not good. We figured that out with the last cold weather in January, with how much cold air was coming in around the door. And I didn't really like the stained wood color.) All of the windows were super difficult to open and pretty much impossible to clean. These windows are amazing... easy to open and easy to clean... slightly tinted. We can already tell the difference in the air conditioner, everything sealed up better. Ron didn't want to give up his computer time, even when they were ripping out the window near his desk. They replaced the window upstairs by my desk without even harming the wallpaper and the plastic trim. I love the new door... Felted Wool color. They also replaced some of the trim boards on the outside that were water damaged. We have another company coming next week to repair and paint all of the siding and trim on the house. Our house should be in really good shape after that 😉😎









No comments:
Post a Comment