5.25.2024

That's My Life

 I decided that just for "journaling" sake, I would describe what my normal routine is like. Things are pretty predictable around here... we have settled into some fixed habits. They maybe good or bad, but at least consistent. I added a cute picture just "because". lol And I added a second picture that has a good quote on it about life.

We usually get up between 7 and 7:30 am... whenever Ron decides to head for the bathroom πŸ˜‰The first thing I do is make the bed. (Yep, every day) I don't mind doing it by myself... that way I get it exactly right. Then I head downstairs, get my first 2 cups of water, put fresh water in the cat fountains, clean out the cat dishes, clean up "stray" cat litter, empty the dishwasher, wipe down the kitchen counters and sink. (Ron feeds the cats and cleans out the cat boxes, I just do the little cleaning things that he won't do.) Then I go get dressed in my walking clothes and shoes and head outside. I usually walk for a mile or two, maybe three on a good day. (Sometimes, I have to skip my walk if there are other appointments or things on the schedule.) When I get back, I almost always sweep the front porch, maybe use my exercise equipment in the garage, then vacuum the downstairs. (Maybe mop the kitchen and clean toilets) I make my "not coffee" hot and cold drink. I check my email and a few other websites... like Amazon. (Just to remind myself what I have ordered and what is sitting in my cart- lol 😏) On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, we usually only eat two meals. (Ron rides his exercise bike on those mornings and isn't ready to eat until 11-12.) Sometimes it's breakfast food and sometimes it's lunch food. I cook something almost every morning. Sundays are my "milk and cereal" day. (Occasionally, if I am in a hurry and have other things on the schedule, we might have milk and cereal during the week... but usually not.) On Tuesdays and Thursdays, we eat breakfast about 9-10, lunch 2-3, and dinner 6-7. My favorite breakfast is lemon yogurt pancakes, scrambled eggs, Bulgarian yogurt with applesauce topping and my "not coffee" drink. The pancakes and the eggs are high protein with yogurt and cottage cheese. Normally by noon on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I am ready for whatever I need to do... errands, sewing, shopping, etc. Tuesdays are my allergy shot day. I need to do that at either 10:30 am or 1:30 pm. So that is usually my day to go do errands, because I have to go "out" anyway. I try to make Friday afternoons my HEB trip. (That way, I am not trying to do that on Saturday.) Saturdays are my get ready Sunday day... finish planning our primary lesson and maybe start food for Sunday dinner. Wednesday afternoons are our "go play Pinocle" at Blue Skys with Goodenoughs and other old people- lol. (We are probably the youngest ones there.) Sundays are church and then evening dinner with the Andersons and the Petes. We take turns hosting dinner. Sometimes, I use Sunday afternoons to blog. I have been doing a lot of sewing alterations... I fit those appointments in around everything else. (not on Sunday for those, and usually not on Saturday.) I prefer daytime appointments for those, but sometimes have to do evenings for those customers that work during the day. Once or twice a month I have to go out to Homestead Handcrafts for my Brown Baby Bird booth. Ron and I are not very good at going to evening activities... we normally watch TV from about 7-10. (Ron will stay up late after that and watch sports.) We try to go to the temple once a month, on a Friday morning, with Simmons. Then we have lunch out with them. 

That's my life. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜




No comments: