11.17.2008

The Turkey Bowl Dilemma

So here is the dilemma of the Thompson girls- (and a few family secrets for Sam)- every Thanksgiving, I would get up early, while everyone else was sleeping and put the turkey in the oven. About mid morning, Ron and the girls would all go off to play "turkey bowl" football and soccer with the guys. About mid morning , I would finish all of the dinner preparations. The turkey would be cooking and I would be peeling potatoes, making stuffing, green beans, gravy etc. I usually made the jello and the pies a day or two before. Anyway...
Ron and the girls would get home about noon, take showers, and sit down to Thanksgiving dinner about 1:00 pm.
Just like magic, everything would be cooked :)
Annie had an interesting comment last night, she said,
"It is pretty obvious what talents the Thompson girls got from Ron- lots of athletic skills. They must have some hidden talents from mom." My comment then was "It's just that those hidden talents are still hidden" :) So after three phones calls this weekend- "Mom how do I buy a turkey?" and "Grandma how do I thaw out a turkey?" and "Mom, we have company coming, how do I cook a turkey? And be specific, I need details."
Check back in later today. We will TALK TURKEY!

No comments: