I have been thinking about "why blog?" (which was a recent post on "Redsdirt"), besides the obvious reasons- these things are addictive! Not only do we need to check in often to see the new posts and pictures, but then we also follow the comments. We have to keep going back to see what new comments are there since we last looked. It is amazing to see who checks in and what they have to say about a particular item. What an awesome way to stay connected, not only with family but also with friends. And what a great way to find out what other people are thinking. I also love the sense of humor that shows up. As for the recent comments Mike gets the prize, when he said "all the A's have B's"! That doesn't sound like much at first, but when you really stop to think about it, that is a comment with multiple layers of meaning. (In case you are thinking that I'm speaking in code- look at "The Sisters" on "Past The Moon". All of our girls names start with A, so we now have A1, A2, A3, A4, and don't forget M) Now that all the A's have B's, our family is complete. (it's about time Sam showed up :) When Alison commented on her hair cutting experience, I could hear her words in my mind- her "Oh geez, what's going on here?" sounds just like her! The comments on that post gave new insight into what might have really happened with the barbies and the scissors :)
Another interesting thing about the blogs is that, depending on which computer I'm on, I usually don't care for the music that automatically starts playing. It's not that I don't like the music, but some times it's distracting and I usually go turn it off right away. Then each time I leave that blog and come back, there the music is again, and go turn it off again. But... every now and then the music is a very touching experience, like when I clicked on "Redsdirt", looking at cute pics. of Annie and the boys and "Ordinary Miracle Today" is playing. Or click on "Petes", looking at a cute picture of Jaden kissing Ashley, and "Don't Give Up" is playing. These blogs are creating some magical inspirational moments. It's some of these little things that keeps us smiling all day long. I told you they were addicting :)
No comments:
Post a Comment