1.01.2009

My Real Baby

Even though I had a post describing Ashley as my baby... my real baby is a place called The Silver Hanger- 2700 square feet of dresses. That is what occupies my time 24/6- the store is closed on Sunday and Monday, but I'm usually there on Mondays- never on Sunday. Without going into alot of detail- we opened the store about 4 years ago. I can say that it actually looks like a real store now. I was looking at some pictures when we first opened and thinking- "we've come a long way baby"! The only pictures that I could find quickly to post are a couple of old advertisements. (I will post some other pics. later- I will go take some new ones next week) Both of these old ads have the store hours as Saturday only and week days by appointment. I had to gradually work my way into a Tuesday through Saturday schedule. It was quite an adjustment for me to go from no work to full time work :) The reason I wanted to do this post today is because its a new year. The way things were looking in November- I wasn't sure if the store would survive the economic situation- some how we managed to hang in there for November and December, and things will pick up in January. I'm hoping to have my first profitable year for 2009. My "honey do man" gave me his whole first day of 2009. I needed some things done at the store- he thought it would only take part of the day- but it took the whole thing. He put up some new dress racks for me. He would have rather been working on his garden but he sacrificed for me :) The girls won't believe this-- but we had lunch at MacDonalds, at Wal Mart, on our second trip there to get screws and other hardware to solve the various problems of attaching the dress racks to the wall. Nothing is ever as simple as you think :) So... I'm sure there will be more Silver Hanger posts to come- and thank you to my "honey do man"- he knows that ILHLT :)



No comments: