1.19.2009

That's News To Me

When we were at Annie's house for Christmas, we were all sitting around one evening talking about the adjustments that two people make when they get married. The most recent newlyweds were asking Ron and I questions about how we adjusted to each other over the years. Ron made some comments "that were news to me". I never realized how he felt about some things. It's funny how two people can be married and especially be married for almost 33 years and still not really know what the other person thinks, or how they view particular situations. It's no wonder people have misunderstandings on various topics. Recently Audrey was at our house and noticed that one of the toilets had not been cleaned for a while. She asked me when was the last time that Ron cleaned a toilet. I replied, "never". I have never expected him or asked him to clean a toilet. That's not his job. That's my job, along with lots of other various chores inside the house. (To all of the guys- if that duty is on your job description- don't take it off just because Ron has never done that. Each couple work out your own "chore plan" :)
This morning, Ron had no clean long sleeve shirts in his closet. They were all still hanging downstairs in the laundry room. So he grabs one and takes the rest of them upstairs. I'm sure he thought he was helping me out by putting his shirts away. (His shirts were still down stairs waiting to be ironed.) So I retrieved them from the closet, ironed them, and put them back. Ron has worn ironed shirts to work for most of 33 years. (except for today)
"That's news to him" :)




Ron lets me do all of my little decorative stuff
around the house- pretty much, I can do whatever I want inside the house. He takes care of the outside of the house. (By the way...
I decided that my little Christmas frog ornaments have found a permanent home with my Valentine decorations- they look much cuter now!)





Speaking of inside and outside, here is what Ron has been doing outside!
You have heard of an 'above ground' swimming pool- here is an 'above ground' garden. You walk through the middle- no bending over to plant or to weed. It wraps around the corner, behind the shed in the back yard. It took many hours of sawing, hammering, hauling, shoveling etc. The lumber and dirt had to be bought, and the sprinkler system repaired and adjusted. (we won't talk about what the total bill was :) Already, things have been planted. Every now and then, I will post new pictures. I'm sure they will look much better with "green stuff" growing there.






No comments: