Ron loves sports. Most evenings he has some kind of game to watch. I realized lately, he has been watching the Denver Nuggets basketball games. I thought the perfect valentine gift for him would be tickets to one of their games. I didn't even realize that they play the Houston Rockets until I started looking at the schedule of games. Even more perfect! The game here in Houston is on March 15. I originally thought I would just buy two tickets and I would go with him. Then I realized that Annie and her boys will be here that week. So I bought four tickets, so Ron can take Annie, Nathan, and Jared. (GG and I will take care of Owen at home). I wasn't sure if I could actually keep it a surprise- it's pretty hard to spend money around here without Ron knowing it. ( Remember he has that DebGPS called Quick books.) I had to just hope that he didn't look at the Visa card in the past few days. And I did grab the email confirmation before he saw it. Anyway... I came up with an idea of rockets/nuggets game pictures, a small basketball, a valentine card, a picture of Annie and the boys, and a charge card receipt for four tickets to the game-- all in a cute clear paint can.
.jpg)
I'll have to admit, he wasn't as excited as I expected. I think the cute packaging caught him off guard! I should have just handed him the credit card receipt. :)
Happy Valentines Day.
(I know he'll love the game- that is if he can see it from the neighborhood section- way up in an upper section of the stadium. LOL)
No comments:
Post a Comment