2.26.2010

For Better or Worse

Okay, so I am "almost" well. I went back to work on Tuesday, which was not a pretty sight. (that is all I have to say about that :)
During some of my sleepless nights I had plenty of time to think about things. I also had several reminders, some subtle and some not so subtle, that there are people who have problems alot worse than mine. It is actually a good thing I didn't post anything right away- now you will get the condensed version rather than all of the ramblings. Do you remember when we all promised to love another person "for better or worse"- rich or poor- sick or healthy? Being sick definitely applies to the "worse" category. The amazing thing is that when we made that promise, none of us had any clue what we were promising! None of us knew what the journey ahead would hold. Illness is probably the most difficult trial of this mortal life. We all face it. There is no way to avoid it. Will it make us bitter or make us better? Two of my daughters were sick this past week also. So several of "the guys" had to put up with the bad hair, the sleepless nights, the grumpiness, the misery. Being sick definitely makes us appreciate being well. Ron and I are just hoping that we can both be loving and patient with each other as the course of life almost always ends in "old and sick". There has to be some divine purpose for that- it's just that what ever the reason is, it must be beyond our comprehension. I just read an article where a lady thought that if she endured well, that happiness would eventually come. As her trials progressed, she realized that she had to be "happy along the way"- instead of looking for happiness as an end result. Annie and I have a friend that is very good at that- I am hoping that I can be more like her!

No comments: