1.23.2022

Done Downstairs

 I have gotten a lot of "odds and ends" done the past couple of weeks. In fact I am mostly finished with any downstairs decorating projects. (I only have one wall to paint downstairs left.) I painted all of the trim work that Daniel did in the kitchen... it looks great. I hung a couple of black hooks and black bar on the island. I also hung a couple of decor items on both sides of the TV. (I have had all of those items for several months, just waiting to be finished.) Now that I have a new lamp, the sofa table and the small off white bench, and I ordered two round rugs for the front room... I can't think of anything else that was on my wish list for downstairs. I am starting to plan out a few projects for UPSTAIRS 😉😂 When I started figuring out what I wanted to do upstairs it was like one project led to another project, which led to another project- haha. I didn't like one corner of our bedroom. It had a small black shelf in it and just some random books, magazines, and stuff. I sorted through everything and either put it in a box to donate and or found a different place for it. Part of what was there was my small drawers of cards, envelopes, stamps, addresses etc. Sorting that out led to up dating my Christmas card address list and then putting the Christmas letters that I want to keep in the correct notebooks. I also organized my "Birthday Card" addresses and supplies. I decided I wanted to put the black shelf in the guest bedroom closet, which meant I needed to clean out that closet. (Which needed to be a project anyway. Luke and Hazel always play in there and I had too much breakable stuff stored in there.) Again...I made a donation box, a trash box, and moved some items to a different place. I realized that I had some framed pictures in there that needed to be reframed because I wanted to keep them. And since Daniel did a new accent wall in the TV room upstairs, I now have a place for those pictures. (The accent wall isn't painted yet... but I know where those pictures will go 😉). I have several walls that I want to paint upstairs, one wall to wall paper, and the master bathroom to paint cabinets and walls. I have been hunting for the right colors. I am going to start with the wall paper and match it. (That will be in our bedroom.) So, back to my empty corner... that is where I will start. lol. When I sell enough unwanted items, I will purchase one more piece of furniture for our bedroom. See... I have the plan... let's see how long it takes. 















No comments: