1.10.2022

This and That, First Week of 2022

I got my blog book ordered for 2021, I got my Past Book ordered, Audrey made family calendars, so I got that ordered. I ordered some Old Testament study guides. We are studying the Old Testament this year. I had a tub of green tomatoes to do something with. The story behind that is, a random tomato plant sprung up in the back yard, right by the steps to the back porch. It took off on grew huge and produced lots of tomatoes. I kept telling Ron that he couldn't have planted that and had it grow like that- haha. Last weekend we had our first freeze here, so Ron picked all of the tomatoes and pulled up the plant. I made mock raspberry jelly, pickled tomatoes, and kind of a salsa- tomatoes, peppers, and onions. It took me several hours last Friday to do those. I went to Homestead Handcrafts and The Shops and marked all of the Brown Baby Bird items on sale. I made good money for December, but I don't expect much for January. We attended the graveside service for Brother Watkins last Wednesday, then we stayed in Bandera and had dinner with the Simmons and Bret and Patsy Hawkins. (that meant that I made two trips to Bandera last week, both Wednesday and Thursday). I got all of the Christmas decor put away and I have "snowmen" out right now. I got the Christmas tree in our closet, but I didn't get it wrapped in plastic yet. The snowmen decor may only last a couple of weeks, then I will switch to Valentines Day. I think since the stores were short on Christmas items, most of them switched to Valentine decor about mid December. The brand of stuffed animals that I purchase for Brown Baby Bird also has a supply shortage. Many of their items are sold out and coming in slowly. I haven't decided what to order there yet. I might try a new brand. We finally came to the end of the "exercise bike saga". The story there is that an exercise bike that we ordered in September only lasted about a month. We finally got the manufacturer to send us another one the first of December, but it had problems right away. After several weeks of trying to get a refund from Academy, they finally agreed. We decided to wait until the second bike quit before purchasing another brand. Well, that second bike "froze up" last week. We ordered another bike that Amazon delivered today. Hopefully this one is better and lasts longer. Ron and I both have gotten used to riding a recumbent bike. Also, hopefully it's not to difficult for Ron to put together.  Here are all of the random pics to go with all of my random thoughts- lol 😂😎













No comments: