Here are some great thoughts from Ashley. We sure do love her testimony and her willingness to share.
"Where is Jesus? Is He even real? And if so, Where is He now?
So many things in this world are unexplainable and down right incomprehensible.
However, I do believe Jesus is real and lives today. The Jesus we learn about, as testified of in scripture, is the Son of God. I believe He came to earth as a baby, born to a mortal mother and father.
In just a short time on earth, He changed the world, even suffering beyond comprehension for the sins of the world, for you and for me.
He conquered the grave and rose three days later. First, showing himself to Mary, making her the first witness of Jesus Christ as a resurrected being.
I too, seek this same Jesus. I too, at times, have felt that I arrived at an empty tomb. But I have felt His presence and heard his voice through His Holy Spirit as I keep my eyes on Him.. Seeking Him in scripture, in divinely inspired Come Follow Me, in prayer, in His sacrament, in church and in His holy house, in covenants.
But when darkness looms and I find myself asking “Jesus, where art thou?”
I choose to stay just as Mary did at the tomb and turn back to Him evermore intently, back to where I’ve felt His presence in my life.
Jesus is real. He does love, He does care and He weeps with us.
It isn’t always easy to believe when evil abounds but as I stand rooted in His Gospel, rooted in my covenants and rooted in His path, those days of despair will surely still come and
I will be sad but not defeated
I will cry but not give up
I will know that what once was broken, will all be made whole.
Hope and healing are ahead. Jesus will come again to mend all that is broken. Families will be restored.
However powerful & complete the Atonement of Jesus Christ is, complete mending may not be felt until He comes on earth again.
But in the meantime, He shows us how to carry on when we are exhausted
How to forgive when our hearts are filled with anger
How to be steady when all is crumbling around us
And how to love when our hearts are broken.
We too, will be resurrected, no longer vulnerable & tempted to sin;
Our bodies returned to their perfect state. Never again to suffer in the flesh.
So I ask …
when have you found reason to hope?
Are you hopeful now?
When have you found reason to feel peace?
Are you peaceful now?
Where were you when you last felt His presence in your life?
Do you feel Him now?
Anytime, but especially, during This Easter season, take some time to ponder on these things. What are you facing? Perhaps we need to turn back to Him through repentance. Shift our focus; Perhaps a slight shift, Perhaps a major shift. Whatever it may be— When you find Him, go and tell it. Share it, be a witness. Publish those feelings of joy that will surely come.

No comments:
Post a Comment