4.02.2023

General Conference April 2023

 It's funny how General Conference weekend always needs to feel special. I missed most of the morning session yesterday with the Panther soccer game. I decided not to go to the two other soccer games in the afternoon, which gave me a chance to fix some "special" food. I made a lemon blueberry breakfast bread, a small razzleberry pie, a small coconut pie, and some potato salad. I tried not to over do the calories and carbs, but like I already said, general conference weekend wants to feel special, even if it's only food. Actually the reason this Sunday is so special is because we can watch conference from the sofa and stay home all day. They couldn't even tempt us to come to choir practice this morning and ruin that ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜•This weekend is really special for Sam and Eli, because they went to conference in person. Here is what Sam shared in a FB post. (I put a couple of their pics here...I didn't do food pics- lol ๐Ÿ˜Ž I will do a couple of other posts with some thoughts from conference and share some thoughts that Ashley shared earlier this week.)

"New tradition alert!

The year they turn 12, the boys get a special trip with Dad to General Conference of the @churchofjesuschrist. We get to see @thetabernaclechoir and hear inspiring words from Church leaders. Today was a beautiful reminder of Palm Sunday and an admonition to reduce contention in our lives and in the public sphere. A little “blessed are the peacemakers” never hurt anyone. ❤️"





No comments: