12.13.2009

Christmas Lights and Cookies

I guessed a couple of things wrong for our trip to Bandera. Our first stop was at WhataBurger for dinner, on Friday evening. But instead of brisket at the barbecue restaurant, for lunch on Saturday- we tried out the enchiladas at "The Old Spanish Trail". It was really good. And I didn't have the opportunity for ice cream from Sonic- I could have had ice cream from Dairy Queen. But somehow on a cold, grey, drizzly day, I just wasn't in the mood for ice cream :) This first picture is at "The Old Spanish Trail" restaurant.
Christmas lights on deer antlers!

This is...NOT our property with the cedar all cleared out.
This is our property with the cedar all still there.

This is...

NOT the river behind our property.

This is the river behind our property.
It has been too rainy for them to be able to clear our lot. The first river picture is what the river looks like just downstream from us- so there is still hope that the river will come back. At least there was some water now, rather than none. (Just up stream from us, the water goes underground, so with the drought and the water level so low- no water above ground. Then just downstream from us it comes back up again.) So, should we pray for rain for the river, or pray for a dry spell, so they can clear out the cedar? :) We are going to back about the 1st of January to look at things again. We drove back home on Saturday afternoon.

I did get home in time to make cookies for Sunday.

No comments: