12.20.2009

Happy Birthday Jesus

I am always trying to think of fun, activities to do with my nursery class. I try to come up with something new each Sunday. Usually just something small, like a new game, or toy, or book, or simple activity. (This is for about a dozen, 3-year-olds) I decided that a good Christmas activity would be a birthday party for Jesus. Nothing real fancy, just simple, in keeping with the sabbath day. I took my wooden, child proof, nativity set. Small white cakes, juice boxes, birthday napkins, and red balloons tied with green ribbon.

Then I made cute "Happy Birthday" cards and a small picture for each child to color. I put those in a plastic bag with a candy cane and a holiday bookmark, with each child's picture on it. (The bookmark was more of a gift for "mom" than for the 3-year-old.)
Let's just say, that in theory, everything was a good idea. In reality, things didn't quite go as planned. Because of some unexpected circumstances, things didn't turn out perfect. But what 3-year-old expects perfection? :)

No comments: