The week after Christmas was my "stay at home" time. After all of my crazy "to do" list before Christmas, I seriously needed a break, to regroup, unwind, and catch up on this blog. Don't pay much attention to the date on each post for the last month. I was adjusting the dates to fit into December of 2021. I did go out a couple times that week and there was serious traffic and people everywhere. Besides this blog update...another project was putting all of the Christmas decor away. I didn't want to put it back in the garage, so I decided that the back corner, of my side, of the master bedroom closet might work. Which meant cleaning out half of that closet. I went through all of my clothes and donated what didn't fit any more. And then rearranged what was left, a bit. I also had a few toys stashed there that got donated. Other people were doing the same sorting and donating, because I had to wait in a long line at the Goodwill Store to donate. I got all of the Christmas stuff into 4 red tubs and a few small boxes. I am still going to redo my Christmas tree (the lights don't work on it and I purchased a few new animal ornaments for it), then wrap it in plastic wrap and set it in the closet. (I left a space for that.) I got all of the outside lights put away. And got out "Snowmen" decor for January. That is usually hard for me to stick with here in Texas, with the mild weather that January brings. But at least this weekend, Jan 1-3, it is cold. Actually another cold freeze like last February is predicted again for Texas, but maybe in January instead of February. I didn't realize how much "Christmas clutter" I had out until it got put away and less decor replaced it. My mind is at "ease" again, instead of about to explode- lol 😉 I really am enjoying this smaller, simpler house. (I still have a painting project waiting for me in January though.) I will do more of a snowman post later in January.
No comments:
Post a Comment