Our main purpose in flying to Denver from Santa Barbara was because I had been helping to plan a class reunion. This year was 47 for the class of 1975. We also invited people from 1974, 1976, and 1977. And we had a couple of guys show up from 1973. We had a reception planned at the Kearney home on Friday evening, June 10 and then a catered dinner in Loveland on Saturday evening, June 11. The dinner on Saturday was at the Chilson Senior Center. Someone thought that was pretty funny to have that event at a senior center- lol. 😂 We had also planned to have dinner with a good high school friend and his family during that week. And also get together with Ron's brother, Ron's cousin, and Ron's niece. Those gatherings got canceled since Ron was sick. I skipped the Friday evening reception and tested myself again for Covid on Saturday morning... by some miracle it was still negative. So, I went to help set up and decorate for Saturday evening, then came back to the motel, took a quick shower and cleaned up, then drove back to the event. It turned our to be a fun evening for everyone involved. I didn't feel like I got to talk to very many people, I was too busy running around helping facilitate things. There were several of us taking pictures, but we haven't come up with a plan for sharing those with everyone. Here are the main ones that I took. I might add a few more to this post later.






















No comments:
Post a Comment