I thought in posting about our CA/CO trip, I would cover the "bumps in the road" that we incurred, in one post then I can do other posts about the "good stuff". lolπ We planned to fly out to Santa Barbara on Wed. June 1, in the evening. Our flight was slightly delayed leaving SAT. When we got to Phoenix, we grabbed some refrigerator sandwiches and were standing at the gate, thinking that we only had a few minutes to spare. Instead we waited about an hour and a half before they canceled the flight. There were storms in DFW causing delays and cancelations. They finally let us know that we didn't have a pilot. All of a sudden there was a whole plane full of people trying to get another flight. It took us probably another hour, at least to come up with a new plan. Needless to say... Ron was not a happy camper.ππ We ended up taking an uber to a motel, spending the night in Phoenix. We got up really early the next morning to catch an 8:30 am flight to John Wayne airport, in south LA. (One of my photos here is an empty airport at 6:30 am in the morning. Luckily that airport is smaller and easier to manage for checking in, security and such.) Then we rented a car and drove from there to Santa Barbara. All Ron could stay about our drive through LA, was "that was fun". I could tell that he was stressed- traffic was horrible. I was just glad that they got us on an early morning flight and got us that close to Santa Barbara. We arrived about 2:00 pm. Nathan's graduation was at 5:00pm.
Our second bump in the road happened as we were flying from Santa Barbara to Denver. Unlike the John Wayne airport, the Denver airport is huge, with a pretty good "hike" to get bags and get to the rental cars. I could tell then that Ron was "lagging". By the time we got the bags, got the rental car, and got the motel, I could tell that he was sick with a fever. He said that he actually started feeling kind of sick the day before. Long story short, he had Covid. We had to cancel our dinner plans for Wednesday evening with Corders. And we canceled our dinner plans with Thompsons, Muellers, and Downings for Thursday evening. He had to spend all week quarantining in the motel room. I have always thought that if he got Covid, "I would be toast"- haha. And this was especially bad for both of us to be in the same room together all week. I managed to stay negative, until I got home. But in traveling home, I must have been contagious, because Ashley probably got it from me. (At least our flight home was uneventful π)
Our third bump in the road was back at home. Gracie refused to come out of our bedroom. We had been wondering all along what she would do with strangers staying in the house. Finally, the litter box, her food and water all needed to be moved to Ron's bathroom. That's where she spent our entire vacation time- lol πΌπ Crazy cat. I'm sure that Kitty spent most of the time in the garage... but she is used to that. The people staying in our house called her "Pumpkin"- haha.





No comments:
Post a Comment