6.20.2022

Letting Things Roll Off

 No matter what the weather is and no matter whether I am inside or outside... I always wear a raincoat! That means that I am good at "letting things roll off"- lol 😎 Ever since Ron had his stroke three years ago, he has some little brain glitches. Mostly memory issues, but sometimes frustration and confusion. Last week, a couple of times was particularly difficult. He had several items that he was working through that were frustrating him. The three main ones were our tax filing at the accountant, his Wells Fargo business account, and trying to transfer money to our Discover saving account. After dealing with those three issues with minor success, he decided to work on his business account. Instead of calling the bank and talking to someone or calling and setting up an appointment, he decided to just show up there. The bottom line was that they needed some more information about his business. (I guess items that he didn't want to try to find) He lashed out at me, saying, "Don't even think about moving again... it's not going to happen." WOW 😒😕 But since I was wearing my raincoat, I let it roll off and I just walked away 😉. Some times I feel like there is a switch inside him that just gets "flipped" every now and then. I am getting better, when we are discussing something, at recognizing when he is "getting close" to that flip. I will also just stop the conversation and walk away. (that flip is usually a comment to me about a disagreement between us. Most of the time, he claims that I am the one who is confused- lol) I am realizing that I think I am learning a great deal about what it like for Heavenly Father to deal with each of us and preserve our free agency, maintain our dignity, persuade with love, and have patience. I can only make a couple of suggestions to Ron about what I think, then I have to drop it and let him think or come to his own conclusion. I never ask him more than three times to do something. At that point, I either hope he sees my point of view or I just have to leave it alone. I saw a great quote yesterday, that I need to remember. It said, "Ask for angels to help you." I need to remember that when my patience is running out and when I feel like there is nothing more that "I" can do. I am standing in a pretty deep puddle of things rolling off, these days- haha 😬 It might be time to add some rubber boots to my raincoat.



No comments: