9.25.2022

Grass Clippings

 Here is a little story that will give you some insight to our life here at Cotton Crk. I am hoping that the neighbors are not keeping very "close tabs" on us- lol... otherwise they probably got a good laugh the other day. 

 The last time that our neighbor mowed his lawn a pretty good pile of grass clippings ended up on our grass. I was afraid that it was thick enough that the grass under it would be turning yellow. I told Ron that I was going to rake it off of our grass. I did that, but all I did was rake it onto the sidewalk. I know, I know, I shouldn't have left it there, but at least it was "not on the grass". I was thinking I would come back and clean it up later, Hailey was wanting me to come to her house and show her how to make an apple pie. When I came back home, the grass clippings were back on our grass- lol. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜I asked Ron if he had gone outside and done something with the grass clippings. He said, yes, that he had swept them back on to the grass... "at least they weren't on the sidewalk". haha. I was actually very surprised that he had gone outside and done anything with the grass clippings. Yard work is no longer in his "job description" here at this house! Anyway... the next morning I went out and raked the clippings back on the sidewalk... and then swept them up and put them in our grass clippings can. I don't think Ron ever noticed that I did that ๐Ÿ˜‰ There are lots of little things that happen like that around here- lol. In fact, I have been thinking that there are many things that Ron does that, (to put it nicely), make me crazy. But... he doesn't know that, because I have never told him about those things. There are actually a few "big things" too... but I try to avoid pointing those out either. I guess it is part of staying married to the same person for a long time. I saw a little quote on fb recently, that I saved... that sums up a good relationship. It sounds like it is talking about other people than our family, but I think it applies to "family" too. And by the way... the apple pie turned out pretty good, too.




No comments: