9.12.2022

Sixty Six

 Turning 65 last year was a milestone ;) Now I guess it is all downhill from here- lol. 66 this year ๐Ÿ˜Ž I guess turning 65 meant that my metabolism hit rock bottom. I put on more weight in one year than ever before. In order to try and combat that, I started walking a mile a day (usually 5 days a week) and even though we were on a low carb and low sugar diet, I am trying to cut that back even more. (At least for me... Ron still has his coke habit... and that has hit an all-time high- haha) And I am also trying to drink more water. On my birthday last week, Ron went with me to Homestead Handcrafts (to retrieve two taggie sets that I sold on Etsy), then we went to the Garden Center and bought a lemon grass plant (since it was half dead already, it shouldn't take me long to completely kill it ๐Ÿ˜‰), then we had lunch at Torchys Tacos (two fried avocado tacos for me), then we picked up his new glasses and went to the bank. Dinner was leftovers from Olive Garden on Wednesday evening. Mike and Carrie set me a little "bumble bee" set. Dinner last night at Andersons was all decked out with sunflowers and Sam cooked steak and shrimp. Ashley brought salad, fruit, and strawberry cake. All of the sunflower decor and the black licorice came home with me. ๐Ÿ˜‰ The Petes gave me a cute card and a "Target" card. Audrey is trying to plan a "girls out activity" on September 24, that she is also calling a "birthday event". Other than my weight gain, I am doing pretty well for 66. No major medical conditions and no major medications. I noticed that when I was filling out the new patient form at the eye doctor. (I also have new glasses coming- probably "grandma ones... without rims... they barely show up on my face ๐Ÿ˜‰There is also another pale pink pair that I want... but they are $400 on sale. Saving up $$ for those- lol.)















No comments: