5.24.2009

Don't Tell Annie...

what we have been doing with the boys. This first picture is Jared eating ice cream after only eating chips and ketchup for dinner. It was such a nice evening that we decided to "eat out" for dinner-- outside that is. We had a picnic, of hot dogs, chips, salsa and strawberries, out on the deck. Nathan loved it all, but Jared pretty much only ate chips and ketchup. But we knew we were going to really be in trouble, when the boys were playing in the grass, and Nathan said, "Woo hoo, we are playing outside on Sunday!" They also got to play with little Lego cars all during sacrament meeting and stay up late last night watching a basketball game. We'll have to see what kind of trouble we can get into tomorrow!


I have a new memory game called 2by2- it is animal picture cards. The boys were amazing- Jared has a very long attention span for a three year old and loves games and puzzles. Nathan beat us every time- we decided that the only person he should play games with is Alex !



All I can say about the next picture- is yep, he looks guilty of something! If nothing else, he is guilty of sitting ON my coffee table. It was rather dangerous to be a student in our temple prep class this afternoon- seems like we had at least one problem with a yellow plastic ball being thrown from the porch across the living room :) Usually I help Ron with the lesson, but today I had other things (and boys) to chase around.




Ron's next idea was for us to play hide and seek- here is how the boys hide. They are not very good seekers either- neither one of them like looking in dark rooms, closets, or bath rooms, knowing the Ron might be hiding in there. I told Ron and the boys that I would play if I could hide and nobody finds me :) They also hid in this same spot every time.




These last two pictures, Ron is teaching the boys about the "straight edge pieces" of a puzzle- to start by putting together the edges and then filling in the middle. Of course Nathan caught on right away- and it really was amazing how well Jared caught on for a three year old. And yep, they are still sitting ON the table.





No comments: