5.09.2009

An Egg Beater

It was just about 5 years ago when I was talking to mom on the phone one day, and I said, "I think you should come and live with us." She said, "I think I will". A few months later we packed her up, loaded up the truck, and moved her from Denver to Houston. That was a big change for her! After a short time period of deciding who got what bedroom, bathroom, and closet- she was settled in. After a few more adjustments like "who parks where" and "who sits where" things have worked out fine. We really get along quite well and its a good arrangement for everyone. The only thing that might be a challenge for mom, is living in my kitchen. Things never seem to be in quite the right place and sometimes she misses some of her stuff that did not make it to Houston. One day she was trying to make muffins and was commenting about how her egg beater must have gotten left behind in the move. I have several whisks, and a small electric mixer, and a large electric mixer- so the only thing I could think that she wanted was a non electric hand mixer. I'm thinking, surely Wal Mart has one of those. To make a long story short- those do not exist any more. I finally went to a couple of antique stores- and yes, they had a few- but a hand mixer that is so old that it does not spin any more is not very useful.
So she will have to settle for another whisk instead (I was able to find one of those that is a "Cyclone Whisk"- whatever that means) and use it or keep using my small electric mixer to beat the eggs. If I had been able to find a non electric one- we would have been prepared to beat those eggs in case of a power outage :) Along with grinding wheat with a non electric wheat grinder- I have one of those...somewhere :)

Oh and...

PS- Happy Mothers Day. We love you and we are glad to share our house (and our kitchen)with you.



No comments: