When I went out walking this morning, I saw a tree in someones yard that was surrounded by some beautiful ground cover, with cute purple flowers. At a closer look, I realized that it was actually bind weed. Then I started thinking about the world in which we live where sometimes the weeds are just as appealing as the real plants. My next thought was about the fact that the weeds seem to grow easily with out much effort, but the real plants require lots of work.

It reminds me of the scripture about the wheat and tares growing together. The battle between good and evil is very subtle. It's easy to be tricked and not recognize the difference between the wheat and the tares, when they appear to be the same. Or when the weeds appear to be just as beautiful as the real plants. By the way, I had to hunt for this weed in our yard- Ron works very hard to keep them out.
No comments:
Post a Comment