Or is it supposed to be the calm "before" the storm? Anyway... this is the calm after the storm.
Did you ever take on a project? One that was a bit outside of your knowledge and comfort zone. One that you got started on okay, but then things just weren't working out quite right. So you put it aside and thought, I'll work on that later. Then when you got back to it, the problems were still there, making you frustrated. So you put it aside again, thinking tomorrow will be better. A few days later, and getting much closer to the deadline- let's tackle this thing again. Still can't quite figure out a solution. Okay, a few hours before the deadline- I've got to get this done. Help. Got some advice, then just go for it- time is a wasting.
Finally, it's finished. It's good. Whew.
That's where I was yesterday trying to get a jacket made and a dress hemmed. I know you are thinking, surely it wasn't that difficult. The jacket needed particular fitting issues fixed and the hem was a bubble- short in the front and tapering longer in the back. I know, some of you have no idea what I'm talking about :)
Anyway... it was done on time, it fit well, and it's gone! Today was the calm after the storm.
Usually when I get to this point, it's time to move on and get to the next item on the "to do list", but instead I find myself sitting :) Tomorrow, I'll get to the next thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment