11.17.2009

G17

This maybe more of a gripe than a gratitude. And it's a gripe about myself. I am annoyed with myself for having an impatient attitude toward a complete stranger in WalMart last night. I was in a check out line that was taking forever. There was a lady in front of me with her cart of groceries and her newspaper clipping of ads from other stores and her coupons. One of the policies of WalMart is to give you a lower price on an item if you bring in the ad showing the advertised price at another store. This lady (and her husband- who was in another check out line, doing the same thing) had carefully chosen items where they had an ad from another store for a lower price. So of course the clerk was carefully checking each ad and the item to be sure it was correct. Then on top of this the lady had her coupon pile- which the clerk also carefully scanned. At one point the lady had four coupons for four items, that she had already gotten a discount price on. So the computer did not like taking a "$1 off coupon" on an item the cost 95 cents. The lady, her husband, the clerk, and the manager took several minutes to solve this situation. The manager finally got the computer to honor the coupon. My second irritation, besides having to wait for all of these transactions, was the idea of a discount price and then a coupon for such things as 3 boxes of Trix cereal. I have always had a problem with coupons when they entice you to buy products that you normally would not buy, just because they are on sale. Who knows- maybe this lady really likes Trix cereal, but I have my doubts. So my biggest gripe is not even with this lady and her husband- they were just trying to save money. My gripe is with myself that I was so irritated with the situation and being very judgmental. I am grateful for repentance, so that I can ask forgiveness for my unChristlike attitude.

No comments: