Even though today is my day off (the store is closed on Mondays)- I came to work at 7:30 this morning. I had a bride come in, shopping for a wedding dress in July. She picked out a style and we ordered the dress for her. It was supposed to arrive about the 3rd week of October. For some reason the shipment was delayed and we have been checking on this dress for the past 3 weeks. Finally it was sent to me "overnight" on Friday evening, which meant an early morning, on Monday delivery. I knew it would have to arrive by 10:30 am, but I wasn't sure how much earlier than that it might show up. So just to be safe, I showed up early. The dress did arrive- actually 2 of them. Since this is one of my most popular styles and we were alittle uncertain of the exact size we needed- I ordered both a size 6 and a size 8. So now when the bride comes in tomorrow, we can see which size works the best, make a few alterations (if needed), and everything will be ready. Oh....did I mention that the wedding is Nov.21? (It was originally scheduled for Dec. 5 and then got moved to Nov. 21) I am sooo grateful the dresses are here :)
Now I'm going to go home and clean my house- which is what my original plan for today was :)
No comments:
Post a Comment